Monday, February 9, 2009

8 and counting...... Happy Birthday Haylee




Monkeys and Hearts oh my.....This weekend we celebrated with our dear friends from the Benson family. Mrs. Benson contacted me last week and requested beautiful flowers and great decor for her Eight year old daughter Haylees 8th birthday. Seeing that I've spent the last Three years with the Benson's day in and day out as their private chef, I was excited to do something beautiful and whimsical for Haylees birthday. 
So I set off to Cut flower Wholesale to pay my friend and  favorite salesman Craig a visit. Craig always has great suggestions and guides me towards the freshest and best finds that the floral wholesaler has in stock. The look I was aiming for was very lacy and girly. I knew that babies breath was going to be a big part of my floral palette as well as pink roses. So I grab these items and kept up my search for other jewels to complete my look. Green orchids as well as bright pink carnations made there way into the mix to add just the right punch of color. Blushed hearty hydrangeas finished just to add more softness. I stacked all these flowers in multiple white as well a glass vases and grouped them all in the middle of a large table. It was gorgeous. Girly as could be. Just like little Haylee. 
Chon and I added many small touches to the table such as a pink runner down the center of the table as well as these great little framed pictures of a monkey a heart and a banana that I drew just for Haylees monkeys and hearts theme. All in all I think all the little girls had a great day. Once again Zinnia turned it out. Another Zinnia Design and I'm proud of it as well is Haylee Love Benson. Happy Birthday Haylee.   Now I'm off to do Moma Benson's Party on Wednesday evening. 

1 comment:

  1. Rory, all the details and arrangements are beautiful! Can't wait to see what you come up with tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete