Thursday, February 5, 2009

2009 Southeastern Flower Show




Last weekend I attended the southeastern Flower Show. This year it was held at Cobb Galleria center. Just about 10 minutes west of Midtown Atlanta. Seemingly scaled down from years past it was equally as brilliant with exciting vendors and spectacular displays of floral creations. The Botanical competition specimens were as usual educational as well as beautiful in there almost science fair like display. I enjoyed a slow stroll through the many man made gardens that are always awe inspiring to say the least. The Guys from Foxgloves and Ivy Florist located near Cabbage Town in Atlanta GA  always bring a great deal of  fabulous and comedy with there talks that I never miss. This year FG&I titled their program" Excuse me Martha. I'm A professional florist". Giving reference to the iconic domestic Goddess Martha Stewart. All in good fun, I promise. LOL. But most of all the floral competition and the professional designs by Els Teuinessen were the highlight of my visit. All in all the Flower show seemed to be a hit. I'm not certain how I feel about the change in venue being Atlanta drives everything out of town. But I did rather enjoy the free parking and short brisk walk to the venue. Can't wait till next year. I think I may even submit some work for competition. We will see.  

No comments:

Post a Comment